How we work
No matter what type of property you manage, managing human resources effectively is essential to the growth of your organization. We help properties identify the best pool of candidates for various employment opportunities. We provide fresh and highly experienced eyes to seek out improvements in your human resources and operating model. As your consultants, we identify and evaluate candidates so that we can present you with exactly the kind of star you need to help support the growth of your organization. We help you create value by getting the best out of your people and operations.
Step 1: Staffing need analysis and planning
- We first consult with clients on company culture, state of business, and corporate vision.
- We then define the job specifications, such as title, scope and responsibilities, compensation package, reporting relationship, number of staff required, and profile of the ideal candidate.
Step 2: Design of recruitment advert
- We manage the design of a recruitment advert then compile a list of target sources for candidates.
Step 3: Posting job openings
- We post job openings on our website and other specialized job opening websites, identify candidates using our in-house database, local and international network of contacts, industry research, social media, LinkedIn, recruitment agencies websites and relevant platforms across East Africa.
Step 4: First selection and interview
- Based on CV and application letter, we will make a first selection of those who meet entry criteria and profile. The first selection applicants will be interviewed face-to-face by Outstanding Solutions to determine whether their backgrounds are “on target” with the client’s requirements.
- We will then prepare briefs for clients that highlight personal traits, work history, and observations made by interviewer.
- Finally, we create the candidate list and arrange for clients the final interviews of short-listed candidates.
Step 5: Reference check
- We require a minimum of two referees that we will contact to confirm the applicants’ credentials, experience and behaviour/ethics.
Step 6: Final interview and negotiation
- At this stage, we retain the coordination efforts.
- We will be responsible for notifying applicants of their invitation for the interview.
- Final interview will be conducted by the hotel management, at their hotel property or an alternative preferred location.
- We will manage the notification of appointment to successful applicants and send regret letters to unsuccessful ones.
Step 7: General hotel orientation (Optional)
- As the new employee start their employment, we would typically include in our recruitment packages general hotel orientation for the new employee.
- This would start with the familiarisation of the newly recruited staff with the property’s organization history, management, and vision.
- We would then inform newly recruited staff about relevant policies and work procedures.
- We would finally outline the client’s workplace culture and behaviours through our work ethics program.
Step 8: After sales service
- We maintain a relationship with our clients beyond the conclusion of the recruitment process to follow recruited staff integration, client’s satisfaction or future needs.
- We also maintain a relationship with recruited employees to ensure smooth transition and progress.