Coming Soon!! Work Ethics & Etiquettes Training
A strong work ethic is vital to any hospitality establishment achieving its goals. Every employee, from the CEO to entry-level workers or maintenance team, must have a good work ethic to keep the company functioning at its peak. A work ethic is a set of moral principles an employee uses in his job. Certain factors come together to create a strong work ethic:
- Integrity: being whole, consistent and honest
- Sense of responsibility: employee feels personally responsible for her job performance, she/he shows up on time, puts in her/his best effort and completes projects to the best of her /his ability.
- Empathy of quality: Some employees do only the bare minimum, just enough to keep their job intact. Employees with a strong work ethic care about the quality of their work. The employee’s commitment to quality improves the company’s overall quality.
- Discipline: It takes a certain level of commitment to finish your tasks every day. An employee with good discipline stays focused on his goals and is determined to complete his/her assignments. Discipline involves focus, dedication and determination on your part to do what you should
- Sense of team work and cooperation: Most employees have to work together to meet a company’s objectives. An employee with a high sense of teamwork helps a team meet its goals and deliver quality work. These employees respect their peers and help where they can, making collaborations go smoother.
- Professionalism: Being professional involves everything from how you dress and present yourself in the business world to the way you treat others.
Our workplace ethics & etiquettes training program will be hosted on the:
Date: February 19th 2018
Time: 9.30 -4.30 pm
Venue: Merves Hotel Arusha
Admission Fee: TSH 25,000/- per person
Call: 0784 999 455 to confirm your place
RSVP by 16th February