Front Office Manager
A beautiful lodge in Arusha, USA River, is looking a front office manager to ensure the smooth running of the hotel. They will also be expected to motivate and lead the front office team towards exceeding our guests’ expectations whilst achieving the objectives of the hotel.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Interact with guests in a courteous, polite and helpful manner. Display a high level of guest concern and customer care at all times.
- Attain knowledge of services and amenities offered by the Lodge and surrounding community.
- Define operational standards within the Front Office department (Reservations, Reception, and Gift shop).
- Supervise, train, schedule, inspect and evaluate the front office department (reservations, reception and gift shop).
- Develop the skills of the Front Office team members maximising their potential whilst achieving the objectives and goals of the hotel.
- Monitor and evaluate the competency of the Front Office staff, involving team members in setting and reviewing team and personal objectives.
- Ensure good communication and cooperation between the Front Office department and the other departments.
- Supervise guest data collection and use.
- Schedule and run performance reviews for the Front Office department.
- Schedule staff trainings for the Front Office department.
- Control costs within the Front Office department.
- Monitor and control monthly inventory for the gift shop.
- Attend and participate in all relevant operational, planning and review meetings.
- Perform GM team relieving shifts and duties when requested.
- Participate in regular appraisal meetings.
- Identify a programme of personal training and development.
- Participate in evaluation processes, reviewing personal development against achievement of Business Objectives.
- English language proficiency
- Five year work experience in the hospitality industry
- Proactive, willing to go above & beyond
- A great ambassador for the hotel
- Friendly, genuine and courteous
- Problem solver
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Knowledge of second foreign language is a plus
- Organised and detail oriented